CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 20, 2010

Life Sucks!

I know many people don't like that word, but I don't care and when life is really crappy, that is the word that I chose to use! Besides I would rather have my kids use that word than a swear word which thankfully they have yet to use!

So just when things are going good again...Riley has not had one issue in 2nd grade which is a miracle...Tyler was finally going poop in the potty and almost fully potty trained...Brock had some full nights of sleep...Sheree was getting ready to head back to work again, which she wasn't looking forward to...Ryan had a meeting with his boss that didn't go well.

Monday we found out that Ryan had a job until Aug. 31 and that if he could stick it out until the end of the month and train the new guy who's a CPA then he could have 2weeks severance. So that is what Ryan is doing. Monday was a tough day...cancelled daycare for all 3 boys which was okay (our only worry is whether we can get them back in when Ryan finds another job, but I will worry about that when it happens!), went through our budget and got rid of the nonessentials (it's amazing what you can give up when you have to!), looked into what we do for unemployment and realized that not paying for daycare and getting unemployment for 6 months, we're going to be okay! So we were at peace with things. However, it's been a roller coaster ride. We are thankful that Sheree has her teaching job with the benefits and it's been amazing at the connections we have with people who are connected in the Accounting business. Ryan has been on the computer every night applying for jobs, putting his resume on Monster.com and really trying to make things work. I kind of like the idea of having him stay at home for a little while but would love for a job to come through sooner than later! We also have to decide if maybe now is the time for him to go get his Masters in Accounting or an MBA. Lots of decisions to make.

Things will be okay. Yesterday I made a list of some of the things that could be worse. Yes, this sucks big time but there could be worse things. For example, when I had a crying fit on Monday, Tyler goes, "Did my dad die?" Where did that come from!? S0 yes there could be worse things! I was really nervous putting Tyler back in my schools daycare and maybe this is an answer to my prayers to keep him home. If mom can't stay home, then I guess dad can! And thank goodness we're not pregnant!

We have amazing people in the Ward that have offered to watch the kids until Ryan is done. Both of us have amazing parents who have offered help financially if we need it. My mom even said she'd help with daycare when Ryan found another job! So many people who are being selfless and willing to help us in our time of need. I just have to be thankful for the blessings that we do have...a healthy family, one job with benefits, a wonderful house, 2 good working cars, money to cover our needs, a 7-year old who is doing wonderfully in school, etc.

1 comment:

  1. HI!! Sorry about what has happened and I wish I could help. But it sounds like you are being very optimistic about the whole situation. It was nice getting to know you at the baby blessing and hope we get to spend more time together. James is also looking into getting his MBA while we are here in Utah. James and I have a blog too. mansiusfamily.blogspot.com
    I know things will get better for your family. Just keep smiling!!
    Nichole Mansius

    ReplyDelete