CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Blessings

I know that I have neglected the blog for the past few months and so much has happened. I have had a hard time the past 2 weeks and needed to just write down my blessings.

*I am grateful that Riley has had a great 3rd grade year! Not once has he had a behavior issue or had to spend any time in the principals office. January was the toughest month last year, but this year has been fantastic! He is currently playing basketball and loving it. He has scored a basket in all 3 games thus far as well!

*I am grateful for a healthy winter. I have only had to miss 1 day so far this year due to sick kids. We have had the occasional cold here and there and the boys have all thrown up, but it's mostly been on weekends which has been really nice!

*I am grateful that Ryan isn't working for his former employer anymore and has found a job that he likes and feels needed and appreciated. Unemployment was truly a blessing for our family. It was so nice to have Ryan home with the boys for 4 weeks! He found a job sooner than we had anticipated but it was the job meant for Ryan! We still can't believe that he has only worked for home builders, but hey, he's good at it!

*I am grateful for my job. Sometimes I complain that I work, but 70% of the time, I'm glad that I do work. I think it keeps my mind working and it keeps me from being depressed and focusing too much on things that I don't have.

*I am grateful for our timeshare. We have literally used almost all our points because we love to vacation. We are so excited to be able to stay at the Grand Californian in August and be right there by California Adventure. We're hoping that cars land will be open and August can't come soon enough!

*I am grateful that I have 3 very healthy active and smart boys! They are all super cute and fun and are still momma's boys. I love each one of them to pieces!!! I just wish that I could have a baby girl, but need to accept the fact that it's not going to happen and be happy with the 3 boys that I have been blessed with.

*I am grateful for my beautiful, cluttered, messy house and I dont care what anyone else says. I have 3 boys who like to play. I don't care if there are blankets and cushions on the floor because they decided to build a fort. I don't care if there are dishes left in the sink or on the table because at least we were all able to eat and play together as a family. Lately, when I've gotten home, Brock just wants to play with me and yes, I get frustrated cause I want me time, or need to cook dinner, but I also know that he needs to spend time with his momma playing! One day when the kids are all gone, I will have a nice neat orderly house. But in the meantime, if you don't like it, then don't come over! (Or come over and help us finish the basement, so we can move our mess downstairs!)

No comments:

Post a Comment