CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Riley - Sports

I neglected to put Riley's football pictures on the blog last fall. He played football for the first time and it was so fun to watch him! He had practice 4 nights a week for 90 minutes and then a game on Saturday. This lasted for 2 months- August and September. They had him try out several different positions and he did really well at all they had him do. I need Ryan here to tell me the names of the positions, so I'm sorry that I don't know! Toward the end, he was playing receiver and caught 2 great passes in 2 different games to give his team a crucial first down! Those were my favorite moments and I screamed loud enough for all to know that I was his mom! :) He's been taking his football to play at recess and is looking forward to playing again this fall!






This past January and February, Riley has been playing basketball for the second year. He has loved it and has done much better! He was the starting "jumper" for all games, except for the last one. He also scored in almost all of his games, was a great defender, and a great team player. There were a couple kids on his team who were good players, but would hog the ball a lot. I was proud of Riley to be attentive and share the ball with all his teammates. He loved basketball and will continue to play city ball in the future.



We have signed Tyler up for Spring soccer and both boys have said they want to do baseball. I am hesitant signing Riley up, but he has really matured in the last year and I think that he can handle it. It has been nice to keep the boys busy and give them an opportunity to pursue their talents.

1 comment: